Friday, March 23, 2007
Americans are getting more creative in developing methods to make their memories last forever with technologies such as writable CDs, memory sticks and mini hard drives. But, not everything can be stored or easily accessed electronically, as evident by the large increase in color printers, digital photo printing and a renewed interest in crafts that preserve memories like scrapbooking.
“GBC® has seen more interest in its lamination products from home users than ever before,” said Kellie Glueck, Director of Consumer Marketing at ACCO® Brands.In a recent research study of home and business consumers who own laminating machines, GBC found that 24 percent use them to protect recipes and 23 percent utilize them for craft projects. “It's easy for consumers to capture volumes of memories and information that don't have the same effect in a digital format, like family recipe cards passed down through generations,” said Jim O'Shaughnessy, Lamination Category Manager for ACCO Brands. “We offer new laminating pouches to make it easier for both home and business users to laminate with or without a machine.” The SelfSeal™ NoMistakes™ lamination pouch does not require a machine. Simply align a document on the non-adhesive side of the pouch and peel away the liner to firmly seal it with a glossy, clear finish. Plus, the consumer has up to 24 hours to reposition the item, if needed. Another popular option is the HeatSeal® RetrieveIt™ pouch, sealed with any standard GBC pouch laminator. It fully protects documents for as long as needed. Just cut the pouch to remove the item still intact – a perfect touch for photos.
From checklists to photos, here's a sample of the hundreds of creative ways that people are laminating in their home lives:
- Recipe cards that also include photos of the final dish, making it easier for kids and families to select
- Mini bound photo books with laminated pictures from family vacations or winter breaks
- Long lasting luggage tags
- Helpful newspaper stories or decorating ideas clipped from magazine
- Neighborhood phone list for emergencies, with photos of neighbors
- Child's artwork laminated to make dinner placemats for easy clean-up
- Decorative photo greeting cards with personal message using new PhotoPOP! laminating pouches
- Safe and secure personal identification cards
- Durable TV schedule of sporting events or favorite shows, to keep near the remote
- Mixed-drink instructions and photos to keep by your bar and used as a drink menu
- Seasonal directions that remain in storage (i.e., artificial Christmas tree instructions)
- Photos or diagrams of gardens in bloom, so you know where bulbs and perennials should be when they re-bloom
- List of calorie/carb/exchange diet rules to keep in purse or wallet
- Maps, driving directions and/or photos of favorite road-side stops that can be stored in your glove compartment
- Homemade bookmarks that include family photos or list of “Books to Read”
- Household reminders, like “Please take off your shoes”
- Learning tools such as flash cards
- Delivery menus of favorite restaurants
- Emergency phone number/address list for children to keep in their school backpacks
- List of “Household Rules” or “Pet Instructions” for children and babysitters
GBC to Launch PhotoPOP!
The GBC study also named photos as the item most people have laminated. As a result, GBC is introducing the new PhotoPOP! laminated photo pouches for 4 x 6 photos, bringing creativity and fun to preserving and sharing precious moments. Available in several event based designs, from sports to vacation themes, they offer custom designed borders for any picture. Pictures can be easily placed inside the flexible frame by opening the pouch, peeling back the liner to center the photo, then sealing the PhotoPOP! pouch so a personal message can be written on the back. The PhotoPOP! pouches do not require a machine and offer a new, easy way to send photo greetings or preserve a memory with style. Plus they come with an envelope and magnets to make mailing and displaying easier.
GBC laminating machines and pouches including PhotoPOP! are available at local office products retailers.
About GBC and ACCO Brands Corporation
GBC has been the market leader in binding and lamination for 60 years. With a complete line of binding and laminating machines and supplies, GBC helps consumers present, protect and preserve. To learn more, visit www.acco.com/GBC.
ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE:ABD) is a world leader in branded office products, with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion. Its industry-leading brands include Day-Timer®, Swingline®, Kensington®, Quartet®, GBC®, Rexel®, and Wilson Jones®, among others. Under the GBC® brand, the company is also a leader in the professional print finishing market.Laminators
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]